Saturday, September 26, 2009

Cake Balls or Cake Truffles ?

Some people call them cake balls, but I prefer to use cake truffles. It just sounds better to me. What are cake truffles you ask? Well, it's crumbled cake mixed in with frosting, then they're rolled into balls and finally, dipped into chocolate coating. Yummmm! doesn't that sound good?

You can use box cake mix and the frosting of your choice that you get at the grocery store, but I prefer to make my cake and frosting from scratch! Why? Because that's how I roll! You can get real creative and decorate your truffles anyway you want. You can even put it on a lollipop stick and make a cake pop (kid's really love it this way).

Or you can put them in cupcake liners and place them in a box. I made these recently for a customer. It was for a 16th birthday party. The cake is red velvet with cream cheese frosting and coated with Guittard Chocolate Apeels candy coating. I LOVE Guittard! I found it much better than Wilton's candy melts that you buy at the local craft stores.

1 comment:

  1. You need to put your Cookies N Cream on your website, this went over with a big hit. They were eaten before any of the other cake truffles.

    Love it



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...