Sunday, October 25, 2009

Busy weekend

Ok, so this weekend was super BUSY! I was asked to make cookie favors for a joint birthday party, with two different themes. Tinkerbell for Gabby who's turning 4 and Pirates for her brother Jacob who's turning 1.

For the Tinkerbell theme I decided to go with my shortbread recipe and use flower and star shaped cookie cutters while incorporating the colors from the movie, green, yellow and purple. For the star shaped cookies I made them into wands using lollipop sticks.


Then for the pirate theme I went with pirate ships and skull & crossbones shaped sugar cookies. Then I wrapped each cookie in clear cello bags with matching ribbons, placed them all in a basket to transport to the party. Everyone loved them!

So then I was asked just a few days ago if I can provide some dessert for another party the same weekend. Of course I said yes. What I created was a large dessert tray filled with my yummy chocolate chip cookies, mini fudgy brownies and some pecan tarts. I then made some strawberry cake truffles. It's strawberry cake with vanilla frosting shaped into truffles them dipped in white chocolate.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...